So, Ubisoft had their conference, here’s what they announced!
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege
- Terrohunt classic brought back.
- Single and Multiplayer modes
- Beta Sept. 25, 2015.
Tom Clancy’s: The Division
- Open-world online action game.
- New zone – Dead Zone.
- You can be a “rogue agent”.
- Beta early next year.
- Out March 8th, 2016.
Tom Clancy’s: Ghost Recon Wildlands
- New IP
- Massive open-world.
- Many different way to plan out a mission.
Just Dance 2016
- You don’t need a camera any more.
- Use your smartphone regardless of console.
- Space city building game.
Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate
- Set in London during the height of the Industrial Revolution, players will step into the shoes of twin Master Assassins, Jacob and Evie Frye. Fighting to liberate London, Jacob and Evie help define the birth of organised crime in an adventure filled with action, intrigue and brutal combat.
The EA’s conference had some highs and lows. Here is the rundown of what happen.
- Mass Effect: Andromeda announced. Coming holiday 2016
- Space Cowboy confirmed???
Need for Speed
- Deep customization with cars.
- Urban world twice as large as Need for Speed: Rivals.
Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Brand-new digital expansion: Knights of the Fallen Empire.
- Option to join with friends in a variety of multiplayer missions upgraded to Level 60+.
- Free to all subscribers of Star Wars: The Old Republic.
- Puzzle platformer with yarn.
- All about overcoming obstacles, both big and small.
- A story about love and longing, and the ties that bind.
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
- Zombies have taken over Suburbia and plants are on the attack.
- 24-player Herbal Assault mode, or rally the zombies together and defend against the plants in the 4-player co-op mode.
- Unique solo play experience where fans can play every single game mode either by themselves against AI, or with the help of a friend in local split screen.
- 4 new zombie classes.
- Transfer characters for owner of Garden Warfare.
- Free content updates.
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR
- EA Sports Madden NFL 16
- EA Sports FIFA 16 – First time for women teams.
- EA Sports NBA Live 16
Mirror’s Edge Catalyst
- Faith is back.
- Glide across the skyline of the city.
- New activities like ‘Dash’, races from point A to B, environmental puzzles and story missions to complete at their own pace.
Star Wars: Battlefront
- 40 multiplayer to 8 multiplayer.
- Star Wars: Missions is your single player mode.
- You can play in some vehicles , including AT-AT, TIE Fighter, and Snowspeeder.
- You can have a first and third person view and in some vehicles too.
- Lightsaber blocking confirmed.
There is so much that happened at this press conference. So, many wow moments that captured gamer attentions. Without further ado, I’ll hop right in to the details.
- BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY!!! (select Xbox 360 games)
- Xbox One Preview Members will have access to backward compatibility starting today, and backward compatibility will be available to everyone this fall, for free.
Halo 5: Guardians
- New multiplayer modes: Warzone, 24-player battles, and Arena, pure 4-versus-4 competitive combat.
- Four-player cooperative epic story.
- Female lead with her eclectic cast of robots and lead them on an epic adventure across a mysterious, ever-changing world.
- Xbox Exclusive – available spring 2016.
Xbox Exclusive Games
- Ashen – Action RPG
- Cuphead – Single-player or co-op run-and-gun platformer is heavily focused on boss battles. 1930’s art style.
- Fable Legends – Free-to-play action RPG.
- Forza Motorsport 6
- Gigantic – Free-to-play shooter MOBA. Free-to-play on Windows 10 and Xbox One.
- Rare Replay – A collection of 30 Rare Ltd games that span the decades.
- Rise of the Tomb Raider
- Sea of Thieves – Rare’s next adventurous game. Pirate styling.
Gears of War
- Gears of War: Ultimate Edition announced.
- Remastered in 1080p and modernized for Xbox One. five campaign chapters never released on Xbox, and will unlock early access to the “Gears of War 4” multiplayer beta in 2016. Available Aug. 25, 2015.
- Gears of War 4 announced. Coming in 2016.
- “Minecraft” on HoloLens, a fully-featured version of “Minecraft” that allows players to explore the game world in full 3-D. ( Looked AMAZING!!!)
- 1,000 independent developers have Xbox One development kits.
- Announcement of the Xbox Game Preview pilot program, fans can start playing select games such as “DayZ,” “Sheltered,” and “The Long Dark” while they’re still in development.
Xbox Elite Controller
- A pro controller designed to take gaming to the “next level”.
- Players can customize everything from trigger sensitivity to button mapping.
- Premium design, long-lasting quality with stainless steel features.
The first of many posts during E3 2015. Since I have so much information to handout, I’ll get right to it! We start with the first press conference, Bethesda.
All blood and guts for the all new Doom from ID Software.
- Locations include Mars and Hell.
- A radial wheel stores up to 8 weapons, such as the super shotgun and chainsaw.
- Melee combat joins the game with brutality and guts.
- Multiplayer mode with a multitude of maps and play styles.
- Doom Snapmap lets players create their own multiplayer maps with unlimited choices to play and share with others.
- Did I mention guts?
- Arkane Studios announced Dishonored 2.
- You can play either as Corvo or a new character Emily.
- Each character has a different play style, as well as weapons and upgrades.
- Dishonored is coming to current-gen with Dishonored: Definitive Edition.
- Two new areas were announced for Elder Scrolls Online: Imperial City and Orsinium.
- Also announced is a card-based game called Elder Scrolls Legends. Not much was revealed about the game. It is for iPad and PC.
- No detail was spared in making the world. Everything from blinking lights to the environment was created in concept art.
- You start the game before the bombs go off. After 200 years, you are the sole survivor of vault 111.
- As the main character, you can create your character by looking into the mirror. Gender and other features can be changed.
- The main character (he or she) is fully voiced, unlike in other past games.
- Dialogue in Fallout 4 is dynamic. Meaning you could walk away or attack mid-conversation.
- The dog from the trailer is your companion. You can give him a command: Attack, retrieve, stay, etc.
- V.A.T.S is back and better than ever! Slow down time is longer.
- Your Pip-Boy is back with the standard stats and menu. It also comes with some mini-games.
- The image above is collectors edition of Fallout 4. You get a working model of a Pip-Boy! Called “Fallout 4: Pip-Boy edition”, this working model features a place to put your smartphone. Download the app and this works as your second screen within your local wifi.
- You can now build and modify everything. From your house to a city everything is scrapable and buildable. Once you build that city, you can run trading caravans between all of your cities. Also, you have to defend that city too.
- There are 50 base weapons and 700 mods to outfit those weapons.
- The official release date is November 10, 2015.
- A surprise announcement was Fallout Shelter, a mobile game. This game lets you play as the manager of your very own fallout vault. Available now in the App Store!
If you loved 80’s toys such as He-Man and G.I. Joe than I have story for you! Developer Signal Studios brings you the next installment of the Toy Solders series called Toy Solders: War Chest. In this latest installment, not only can you play as WWI-era German Empire forces, the villainous tactician Dark Lord, the cute army of Starbright, and Phantom and her Ghost Company. You can play as He-man, The Most Powerful Man in the Universe and G.I. Joe
If you didn’t know the original game back on the Xbox 360, Toy Soldiers gameplay focused on a strategy defense/action game. This new game arrives on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in the summer. According to Ubisoft, “Each army is original and defends with its own individual base turrets, combat and aerial attack vehicles and army units, making each gameplay experience unique.”
Toy Soldiers: War Chest Hall of Fame edition will be available as a digital-download and at retailers for $29.99. The Hall of Fame edition includes four licensed armies and the four armies included in the standard edition. Toy Soldiers: War Chest (standard edition) will be available as a digital-download only for $14.99. The standard edition will include Phantom, Dark Lord, Kaiser and Starbright. Players will also be able to download individual Hall of Fame licensed armies for $4.99 each or all four together in the Legendary Heroes pack for $14.99.
I am geeking out right now! First off, I have always wanted to play this game ever since this was announced in 2009. I could not play this because it was a Xbox exclusive. Since Microsoft released the rights back to Signal Studios, I can finally play on my PS4. How can you not love He-Man and G.I. Joe? I’m hoping for some more 80’s goodness when Ubisoft and Signal Studios announce the final two armies you get to play as in this game.
At the Licensing Expo 2015, along side of the revealing of some new properties in movies and TV shows. One thing that popped up is the first poster for Assassin’s Creed the movie.
Assassin’s Creed stars Michael Fassbender and Marion Cotillard. The film, to be directed by Justin Kurzel, is scheduled to start shooting this August for a December 21, 2016 release.
Source: Heroic Hollywood
If the movie is anything like the game than it should be good. The eagle/hawk is a great symbol for this first post. If you didn’t know the eagle/hawk in the game lets you synchronize your map.
Imagine you enter a dimly lit hallway. The only item you have at your disposal is a torch. Your path splits East and West, which way do you go? This is one of your first decisions that you face in Nathan Meunier’s new game/Kindle book “This Book Is A Dungeon [This Dungeon Is A Book]”.
If you don’t know who Nathan Meunier is then you should be ashamed. Mr. Meunier is an accomplished freelance writer, author of the The Game Journo Guides Series, and Indie game dev. He also runs one of the best podcast that I heard in a while called The Freelancer Game. He describes this new project as a “weird creative book/game hybrid experiments.” This project of this is a Twine game. What is a Twine game? Well, Twine emphasises the structure of hypertext and does not require knowledge of any programming languages like other game development tools do use.
Having played the demo at least ten times, this seems like a cross a D&D game and some old school text-based adventure. I loved it. Enough said. There are still secrets for me to find in this demo. During my first playthrough I did not encounter any monsters. After that, I managed to find quite a bit of them. These are horrible 8-bit beings that lurk randomly in this dungeon. I really want to see what the Kindle book holds. This book looks like those old D&D dungeonmaster books. According to Mr. Meunier, he describes his book as a “detailed day-to-day development diary that documents the entire process of creating the game, and this entire project/experiment, from start to finish” and it holds much more.
I highly encourage you to download the demo (Best played on Google Chrome).
Give this game a try! If you like it, pre-order this book.